Saturday, 14 February 2015
Determined
If there is one part of my personality that I am developing it would be my determination. I love to start things, but I rarely follow through or push through the difficult times.
I have a new example of determination in my life to give me encouragement....
My Children.
Their eagerness to be the best that they can be is amazing.
Hanisi is someone that will see someone else do something, that she thinks is just AMAZING, and she will try and try and try until she is able to do the exact same thing.
Last year a significant challenge for her was cartwheels and monkey bars. She spent hours trying to perfect the art of a cartwheel. Every time I was lucky enough to pick her up from school I was summonsed to the monkey bars to see her latest trick, or how many bars she was able to skip.
I have seen this in her with her reading and writing, swimming, learning to be an announcer on the radio. Most of all I have seen a huge improvement in her behaviour. She is learning to control her excitement and frustration. It has been an amazing couple of years for Her.
Milly - Well Milly is very vocal at expressing her determination to achieve goals. When Milly faces a challenge, in particular a physical challenge, she has a couple of common phrases that she uses.
"I Believe in myself."
Milly has been learning to ride her bike without training wheels this year, and I have heard Milly say "I believe in Myself" a lot when she has attempted to push through the difficult times.
I am not sure where she picked up on it. It is not something Mariah and I say. Maybe school or something she watched on TV. Knowing Milly is is probably something that she saw on TV.
I do enjoy watching my children be successful in the things that they do. Even the small things. I am proud of them all and what they are doing.
Maybe if we all 'belived in ourselves' a little more we would be as happy as our children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It does get harder to have that determination to push through and learn new things and just keep going as i get older, but it is also supreme pleasures in seeing my grandchildren be so focused and sure of themselves to keep going, may they keep it up. i also look forward to seeing more of annie walking! love you all. toots
ReplyDelete