Thursday, 9 June 2011

Wanna go to the snow?

Yesterday was a day that saw the North East part of Tasmania dumped with snow. I heard that Ben Lomond had half a meter in just one day. It sure was a crazy day. There was even snow at Patersonia and Myrtle Park, and I have never heard of it snowing there.

So today we were determined that we would make a trip to the snow this year. We attempted the trip last year, but it was shortened by Hanisi turning ill quite fast and an ambulance ride for her and Mariah down the mountain. Just as a side note, Mariah needed more medical attention on the way down than Hanisi did. (you can ask her about that one) :) hahah

Milly had her 18month check up this morning, while I stayed home and worked on some uni stuff in preparation for next month. By the time they got home I was still in my "snoopies" (pj's) so needed to put my skates on and get ready to go. We had tried to call the Tai family to see if they wanted to come. But the message was lost somewhere and we made it a family trip.

The trip up was a HOOT


 Mariah found the best way possible to contain her excitement. Go to sleep!



Hanisi Joined her... So I looked to Milly for a conformation that the decision to go to the snow was a good one.


Well that said it all .. I was just me and the midday report on ABC radio
. 

That is me rolling my eyes.
I think this video says it all.


It was a slow trip.. but we made it in the end. But it didn't matter... I was excited 
 


Hanisi had a double take as she peeped out the window and saw white everywhere. I am confident that she was so sick last year that she does not remember being in the snow.

We rugged up and then went out and started the inevitable trowing of snow and trying to get it down the cracks that would appear behind necks, up sleeves, and even in cracks that didn't appear. (Mariah paid for that!)

I think that I am so lucky that I live in Tassie. Where, in the winter I can enjoy the wonders that only a cold winter can bring, and then the long days of beaches and BBQ's that accompany the summer months. All this within an hour or two from home.

Anyway we made the most of the winter wonderland and took a family pick that came out .. well I would say perfect.


 Perfect because it has us in it.


After this and a few more throws of snow... Milly decided that her hands were just too cold and she needed to pack it in.

There was just one last thing to do before we let... We filled our esky with snow to bring back to the Tai's place.(Ohhhh aren't we thoughtful) See Leona's blog to see how thoughtful we really are! 

We changed our cold wet clothes, rugged up in clean warm ones then all huddled in the front of our little pink car.

Hanisi and Milly got the blood flowing in their fingers again.


Then it was the long road home  (they stayed awake this time)


An episode of Timmy Time before dinner, then bed!


4 comments:

  1. Blah Blah Blah.. just testing my comments... because people are saying that they can't comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys had heaps of fun! I'm with Mariah getting some sleep whenever is a great idea, or maybe your driving Sam was too scary!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!! You have a blog! :) I'll add it to my blog roll tomorrow. What a great day. Now you will be like us bloggers and never leave the house without the camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there family, i loved the videos and photos and i agree one should sleep whenever and where ever one can! you had a great day out, the girls loved it, great planning loved the story telling. love you all - tootsie

    ReplyDelete