Today was an exciting day as we had a trip to the library planned. Grandma and Grandpa were coming in the afternoon and were going to join us for tea.
It was about 10:30 and we were getting ready to go to the library when I got on to adopta pet website. We have been considering a cat for the family to love and adore. We took the kids out to the RSPCA about 6-8 weeks ago to have a look and see how they would react. They have been around Grandma's ragdoll cats and they were ok. By the time we arrived at the RSPCA the cats heard the kids coming and all shot inside. Except one little black kitten that followed Hanisi and Milly everywhere. After the visit we thought that maybe it was not the right time as the kids would just drive the cats nuts.
The other day we had gone to visit Grandpa and just as we were leaving Milly found the cat and was just memorized with the cat and could not stop patting it. We even threatened to leave her there and that didn't bother her, which is odd for Milly. At the time I thought nothing of it and we went home.
Yesterday I was talking to Mariah about getting a cat and she commented that she had also been thinking of it and thought that maybe it was a good time to get one. As she said that I came across a cat on the adopt a pet site that I thought was beautiful. Her name was Bailey... Yeah I know Bailey... a girls name????
This is Bailey (soon to change)
She is a Russian Blue, and I love her colour and her beautiful green eyes.. She is a bit grumpy in this photo. She had not been home long, and the kids were a bit too much for her at first.
Grandpa and Grandma stayed for dinner and then said prayers with the kids and then were getting ready to go home. Milly saw this as her best chance for a ride before they went home.
Almost as soon as Grandpa got up of his walking aid Milly pulled herself up, positioned herself, and held on. Both her and Hanisi love to go for rides. Hanisi was just too tired to go for a ride. Milly enjoyed it.
After the kids had gone to bed, Bailey came out of hiding, and I went to Young Mens only to come home and find this.
This was a good sign. Mariah said that she just followed her everywhere. As soon as Mariah sat down Baily would jump on her and settle down.
She is a smoocher and loves cuddles and pats. She is still not too fond of the kids. When Mariah got up this morning to go and exercise I went and got Baily and brought her to bed with me. She snuggled down and went to sleep. Then Hanisi got up .. and we have not seen her since. She did pop her head out once to say hi and then went back to where she is hiding.
So that's that. A Beautiful cat. We may call her shadow as she follows you around at night. But not so visible during the day. What do you think?


oh she is gorgeous... i have been sorely tempted too...but not yet for us....love the name "shadow" too she is like a shadw...
ReplyDelete