A man's shed is so important that there is even an Australian Men's Sheds Association.
Want to learn more?
During these winter months I have had to share my shed. Share it with who? I have to share it with 3 sometimes 4 women. Did I hear someone say "you lucky guy!".. Yeah maybe.
What would these women want with a man's shed? SPACE and SHELTER. As some of you may be aware Mariah goes exercising with Leona and Kym, friends of hers here in Perth. They started a few months ago, and have been going 4 times a week every week. During the recent wet mornings it was suggested that they exercise indoors. They alternate which home they go to, and every now and then they come here.
I received a letter in the mail stating that I must display this signage whenever they occupy the shed.
I guess this is a health and safety issue for me and the kids.
It was brought up that it would be good if they had some music to work to when they were indoors. We only have the home theater system in our home, or the laptop. The laptop is a little quiet and may be difficult to hear above all the moaning, groaning, giggling and blowing off.
I recall the first morning they came here. there was 4 of them, and it was Belinda's first time, so the giggle volume was set to HIGH. I recall waking up to a someone running on the treadmill and the others laughing. It sounded like they were making their own music.
Thump thump thump thump, giggle giggle giggle giggle Thump thump thump thump, giggle giggle giggle giggle Thump thump thump thump, giggle giggle giggle giggle Thump thump thump thump, giggle giggle giggle giggle
Any way while tinkering today, I thought that I might have enough bits and pieces to make a more substantial system to help drown out the 'other' noises.
This is what I came up with.
It looks like something you may find in the back streets of Bangladesh, but it works and works well.
Some of you may recognise this from my younger days. It accompanied me on many a journey along beaches, through rivers and over the mountains of Tasmania. Well it now had been retired to my garage, to entertain and motivate anyone in ear shot.
I tried telling Mariah that maybe it is not such a good idea to have the music so loud, but she had me.
All the exercise was paying off... I had no where to go... She had me backed up against the kitchen bench...
Right in the nose.
This is what it looked like from my end.
THE VIDEO DID NOT UPLOAD
I will try tomorrow!
I have not choice but to share my shed. Otherwise the attack it 3-4 times worse. (I'm sure it will be after they see this)
All jokes aside If you hadn't guessed, I am exaggerating a bit, I don't mind sharing the space. I think it is great that Mariah has the determination to get up and going every morning. Leona, Kym and Mariah have developed great friendships though their exercising. I get to spend a bit more one on one with Hanisi and Milly. Most of all I get a happy wife.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! man i am exhausted from all that laughing. You are a crack up Sam. I'm looking forward to listening to more of your....... music...... through those "cool hopefully safe not going to blow up speakers" oh and mariah told me about your new bike invention too can't wait.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the photo of Mariah giving you a punch, i can hear the words coming out of her mouth....get to bed!!! :)