There is a hill close to where we live and I thought one day "how fun would it be to ride a billy cart down this hill."
Well today was the day.
The young men had been working on a billy cart for a race that was going to happen a few months ago. Well due to the rain it never happened. The billy cart sat at the Reeve's place for months and months until I decided that today was going to be the day that I fulfilled a dream.
To help me accomplish my dream I invited some of the YM to assist. They built the billy cart after all..
We went UP the hill
We went DOWN the hill.
Hanisi and Milly had a turn.
Jake and Sam had a turn.
(have to ask Jake why I can't post his video)
I had a turn.
But Mariah missed out... Here is why..
Poor Mariah.. However if you think about it.. they may have just saved your life!
Why call this blog the fun police.
Well this is the 3rd activity that I have had with the young men involved where the police have turned up because someone has complained, or someone (Jake) has done something silly. I am surprised that I am still in young mens. I am sure that Bishops heart sinks every time we say that we are going to have an activity. For those of you that read this Blog that have no idea what Young Mens is.. I have the responsibility (questionable) for a group of 12-18 year old boys through church. I help plan and coordinate activities for them, (preferably without the police getting involved) and ensure that we have a spiritual lesson each Sunday. It is a lot of fun. We have a lot of fun.. but we also do a lot of service for those in need. I enjoy it.. You can see why.. They are a great bunch of guys.
We had a ball.. Thanks to Sam and Jake for making my dream come true.
No comments:
Post a Comment