Wednesday, 8 June 2011

Why Blog?

I have been reading some others blogs recently and have laughed with people as they post some funny things they do, and also smiled as they kindly share with others they happiness that they enjoy in their lives.

I guess blogging is kinda like keeping a journal, which I am not the greatest at doing. I have probably written in 20 pages of a journal during my entire life. I know that there have been many great experiences that could fill thousands of books, but I have neglected to do that for myself and for the generations that follow.

Just this week I have finished reading a book that has been compiled about my Great Grandfather, Philip Bender. I never got to meet him, yet through the memories of others and some journal entries that have been kept, I have learned so many things about him, and those that were a part of his life. He was a great man and I may blog about him later.

I hope that this may become a kind of journal that family and friends can read and comment on, and then as my children get old enough, contribute to and look back on and be grateful that I cared enough to do it. I am sure they will they are girls, and girls tend to appreciate things like that.
Valentines Day 2011 (my three girls)

A bit about the choice of the background. I believe that life is all about growing to reach our potential, while helping others in the process. I often think about ways that I can improve myself, and  have been pushing the boundaries recently and trying new things, developing new talents. It has been fun, I just need to relax and sing a little louder.

I also love to spend time in the garden. This year was the first year that I have had my own patch of soil with which to grow a garden, and a great garden it turned out to be. I am all pumped for a bigger and better garden this year, and hope that we can share our produce as others have done for us.
Hanis and A BIG parsnip

Milly and the fresh corn.



Welcome to my blog, I am sure that Mariah will want to help out at some stage, I hope she does.

Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. you are a grat gardener and hard worker sam, loved the photos.. tootsie

    ReplyDelete