This was a rare occasion during the past 13 or so weeks that I had the opportunity to take a day out and relax. This semester at uni was particularly difficult, time was not my greatest friend.
The girls and I did manage to find some time to have a bit of fun in between sitting at the computer, or sitting in class.
We begin the 13 weeks in 13 photos with Mariah's Birthday.
This is a little something that I whipped up in the morning as our table decoration, while we indulged ourselves with specialty foods and drink. (honestly, I can't recall what we ate that morning)
The girls found time to take Mariah to the park.
I showed Milly the joys of working with machinery.
We celebrated Easter. Believe it or not there is still the tail end of an Easter Bunny in the pantry.
While Mariah visited with the dentist, the girls and I went to Trevelyan Dam to take a look. The water was not high enough for a spectacular display, but the daredevil goats entertained us for a while.
I taught Milly the pleasure of lid licking.
Our good friend Stu, helped us out with some projects that we had been wanting to do for years but never got around to doing it.
We made sure that we took some time to relax and be grateful for the beauty that surrounds us.
Bubble baths are twice the fun as a normal bath, and Granddad's special bath puts on a spectacular display.
Believe it or not we went on a cruise.............. down to the wharf at Hobart to check out a HUGE ship that was there for the day.
We let someone else do the hard work for a change.
I was a volunteer for Targa Tasmania for my second year running. Judging by the photo they may not ask me to officiate next year! ha ha...
We discovered the joys of Free Transport. The Launceston City Council has a free bus service which runs around various attractions of Launceston. The girls love the Tiger bus.
And we helped Aunty Alice and Uncle Josh cut their wood for the winter. I am sure that they will have enough this year.
In amongst those things we managed to do a whole heap of other things. Hanisi and Milly moved in to a room together, in preparation for the new baby. Milly no longer had a bottle of a night. Hanisi is getting better at going to bed by herself, and I successfully completed another semester at Uni.
Next semester will be my last, and then I will return to the real world, where to don't get to see your family for hours a day. We will have money to do all the things that we have wanted to do, but will not have the time to do them.
I have appreciated these past 13 weeks, the girls are amazing people. They are unique, and special in their own way. I lookforward with anticipation to see how our next child will turn out. Mariah hopes that he will be a better sleeper than Milly. I just hope that he is a Daddy's boy!









No comments:
Post a Comment