Sunday, 8 July 2012

HOLIDAY ADVENTURES

It is school holidays for me. A quick 3 week break to
1) relax ready for next semester
2) Prepare for the birth of baby no. 3
3) Complete some much needed jobs around the house.

But most of all I wanted to spend as much time with Hanisi and Milly as I could. I have been luck to have these 18 months off to study, but it all comes to an end in November. I need to return to work and with that responsibility comes less time spent with my children.

So I was determined to spend time with them, and make the most of the three weeks.

One friday, it rained most of the day, and was quite horrible. So Saturday was a day that we needed to get out of the house. I thought of going to Trevallyn Dam. I had been there with the girls one and said that I would come back there with them one day to see it in flood.

This was the day. We stopped at Coles to get some picnic supplies and continued on. It rained on and off most of the way there.

We could have turned back, and I am so glad that we didn't. Had we turned back I am sure that our day would not have turned out as good as it did.

 We found a shelter that had some BBQ's to warm our cheese and bacon buns in preparation for our cheese, ham and pineapple fillings. Mmmmm.

 Milly was so exited her pants fell down!... No if you look closer, Milly found a muddy puddle to jump up and down in.
 Devouring the buns. MMMMM

 Eating slice after slice of cheese.


 Three beauties.
 Three silly billies
One cutie.


After taking a few silly photos. I decided that it was cold enough for snow and that we should go in search of some. Lucky for us, Mariah had packed all that we needed to keep warm while we threw a few snow balls.

So off we went to Mt Barrow.


We found some snow, about half way up the mountain. On our way up we passed a man coming down, who said that there was a fair bit of snow on top, however it was quite slippery up there and advised us not to make the trip to the top in our car. We took the man's advice and stopped at the next corner. It was snowing when we arrived, and we could not wait to get out and feel the cold snow. 





This was out view heading home. It was a slow and cautious, and warm trip back down the mountain.

We had brought with us a surprise. A surprise for some unsuspecting Perth residents. Last year we had an unplanned trip to the snow and returned with an esky full of snow. That was a lot of fun.
We had the same idea again this year except we didn't bring an esky. We looked in the boot and found some plastic bags and a couple of Coles cooler bags.

So we filled the plastic bags with snow, and then put them inside the cooler bags.

We decided on the way home that we would share the love this year and attack the Rogers. We had a great plan all worked out and knew exactly how we would get them. We were so excited, until we passed Joe on the highway. I asked Mariah to call Kym, just to make sure they were home.

I am so glad that we called. Kym had had a bad day and was feeling as crook as a dog. We decided that the last thing she needed was a snow ball down the back, and 4 wet kids to clean up after. So our sights were set back on the Tai family as we pulled in to Perth.

Leona gave birth to their baby that week, so we were not sure if they would even be home. Luck for Kelvin and Nettie, they were home. :)

As we drove up the kids were all out the front playing in the street. So we gave a wave and drove on by. We stopped at the end of the street to make a few snow balls in the car. It was going to be a drive by. Hanisi and Milly were screaming with excitement at the thought of throwing snowballs from the comfort of a warm comfy car.  

I'm not sure what happened to the video of that... It must have been deleted somewhere along the way.

 We dumped the snow in the driveway and the kids went crazy. We tried to get Job outside to join in, but he was being a bit of a chicken this time. He come out with a pot of water to throw on the snow, but we managed to foil his plan before he could reach our stash.




What a fun day.

Better luck next year hey Kym !!!


1 comment:

  1. sure glad we werent home...i love to look at the beauty of the white snow ...but it is so yucky and cold when you get wet and it melts...i can sure appreciate your fun day...(on your blog that is) XXXX

    ReplyDelete