Monday, 6 August 2012

Chester

Let me introduce you to Chester Lloyd Terry, our third child and first son.

Tomorrow will be a week since we brought little Chester home from the hospital and I must say it is nice having a baby in the home again. So far so good, he is a good baby. He eats and sleeps when he should and is tolerant towards his sisters who just love him so much. 

I recall when Hanisi was born, she was so sensitive and cried at the drop of a hat. I recall kissing her one day as a newborn and she just burst out in to tears. If we sneezed she would even get upset. But Chester just takes it in his stride and gets on with things. Others have told me that this is a "boy thing."

Milly thinks he is "so cute." Hanisi just loves a hold and mother him.


 He was born late afternoon and by the time we called the girls it was getting late and they were most upset that they could not come for a visit. Grandma was looking after them, and stayed the night to help out. I am so glad that she did stay. I woke up at 5:30am and thought to myself, oh Milly slept right through. Gee that is good. (Milly is a dreamer and will often wake through the night). 

I praised her in the morning for sleeping through. She gladly accespted the praise. Later in the morning Mum (Grandma) was telling me that she has been up with her for 3 hours through the night. I must have been pooped. 


We waited for toots (Mariah's Mum) to arrive from Hobart before we set off to the hospital. Grandma stayed behind and did some cleaning for us. What a great Grandma, sacrificed a cuddle just so Mariah could come home to a house that was cleaner than what it was when she left. :)
 Milly didn't want a long cuddle, and is taking he time in building up the desire to have long cuddles. Milly is not a cuddler. It can be difficult to get one out of her at the best of times.

 The ever inquisitive Hanisi was looking to make sure he had feet. she was a little upset that she could not see any under all those blankets. They were there, she just needed to look a little harder.

Hanisi has been full of questions. What it this? What is that? Why does that happen? When you eat chicken, will Chester eat the chicken in your milk?

 Milly was more interested in the buttons than the Baby.
 He is a very attentive baby, when someone talks to him he will often look at you in the eye and it looks like he is listening to your every word.
 And a thinker.




 This was today, getting ready to go for a walk with the girls.

We love him so much. I look forward to my daily cuddles. We recognise that it is a great blessing to have him hear with us.
 


Here begins the next chapter in our lives parents to 3 beautiful children.

2 comments:

  1. Sam and Mariah didn't tell you how smart he is, when grandma got a cuddle, how wise he looked into her eyes,and tried to answer all the questions she asked. He would have answered if he just had the words. She could tell. She knew he knows. It's a shame he will forget. Another special child comes to earth to be part of this family. We are truly blessed. How glad I am Sam,that I loved through all the times I had with you. These precious souls are my reward.

    ReplyDelete