Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Long Live the Queen

I love long weekends. I have a lot of respect for the extra day off. It is a day that must be treated with respect and one that is full of fun and excitement.

There is only one thing that I love more than a long weekend is exploring! I love exploring so much that I could have my own children's TV show called 'Sam the Explorer.' I could add in the odd slang as I explained to kids where we were going today. I could have a kangaroo as a sidekick...... Well I could go on and on about that...

This past weekend was a long weekend and as a family we combined the two loves and had a great weekend with my family and some good friends. We decided to get out and feel the wind through our hair.


We all enjoy being outside. Our children have always loved being outside and Chester is no exception. He loves being outside...

When I say love... He really LOVES being one with nature.

You can see the love in his eyes....


The girls love being on their bikes. We knew that Evercreach would be a perfect spot to spend the afternoon.

This is what greets you as you arrive at the park.
 
 
This is what greets the tourists as they arrive at the park. Some tourists decide to stay and others keep going.
 
 

We packed a BBQ lunch, our gumboots and.......

 
some matches.

 


If you have never been here... it is well worth the trip. A real nice day trip that you will remember for a long time.

This is the little hut that provided some much needed shelter from the cool atmosphere created by the worlds tallest white gums.


I think being outdoors is a great opportunity to teach your children about many things. One of those is the dangers of fire... and also how essential fire can be.



Being outdoors also means that you can let your hair down and go a little crazy. But don't go too crazy and forget that there are leaches everywhere in a damp forest.


It is great to see friendships develop. To the point where you are comfortable enough to request a high 5 from your mate.


Sitting still and meditating is also a past time that I enjoy.

I sometimes wish I could sit still long enough, and feel like I was one of the locals.



If you are not in to sitting down and relaxing... or if you have kids and relaxing is not in your vocabulary

You could always teach your kids to climb a tree.



It's great to see the excitement on your kids faces when they realise that muddy puddles are just as fun as an adult..... and it is good as an adult to show you kids that playing is mud does not mean you have to get your clothes dirty.... Unless you get stuck.


Who would have thought that a lesson in trust would be learnt in the middle of the bush.



** No, we didn't drive with Chester on the front of the car **

We forgot to take the pram and this was the best spot we could find to sit Chester while he had his lunch... It was also the warmest spot....


All in all it was a great weekend. I wish I had taken more pictures. We had a lot of fun. We were able to see some parts of Tasmania that not many have or ever will. A big thanks to our friends that helped make it possible :)




 Till the next long weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment