Monday, 4 July 2011

Saturday Action.

Our lazy Saturday morning quickly became a action packed day. During my morning read of the paper, I recalled that the Longford chook show was on. We had been once before and then kids thought it was great.

So our un-planned day soon become an action packed day, more action packed than we had bargained for (in a good way)

During my read of the paper I came across some wheat and some pullets (young chickens) both for a good price. And so it was we went from a relaxing day to a full day of running around. This is typical for me. I can go from doing nothing to filling up a day or even a few days of work or activity within a matter on minutes. I am not much of a planner, and prefer to do things at the spur of the moment. This can be difficult for Mariah. Before we go out any where I am often asked if we are going to go off on any wild tangents today. Of course I respond with a simple "I can't answer that," or an "I dunno."

We headed off as planned to Longford and saw some amazing birds. I only got a couple of pics because by the time I got the camera out there was some judging going on and I didn't want to upset any birds with an accidental flash.
 A Gold Laced Wyandotte ( I think)


Not sure about this one. I call it my Matt Preston bird because of the cravat. 

There was one that I wanted to get a picture of. It was an Indian Game Cockerel. A Massive black bird with the meanest look on his face. He made me feel nervous just standing in front of his cage. I wish I had taken a photo because I can't find one that does this particular bird justice. 
Check out the size of those legs. 



Any way that was the chookies. The kids had fun spotting the hens that had laid eggs. With all those roosters under one roof it was a bit loud.






After the chookies it was off to get the wheat, some shopping for our new cat, Shadow, then off to Aunty Alice's place to have a look at her new puppy, Indy. 



I'm sure she won't mind me pinching a pic off her facebook page.  I had to help Uncle Josh move a washing Machine and we left the camera in the car. She is very little compared to Beau, their other Dalmatian.

After Aunty Alice's place we went to a ladies house at Pipers river to pick up our pullets. While we were there the lady's daughter who could have been about 6 maybe was walking around her pony. Hanisi and Milly fell in love and the lady was kind enough to offer both Hanisi and Milly a ride. Just a little one down the path and back. We were not expecting that, so, again left the camera in the car.

Then it was off to Les Smith's place to search for some missing keys that we thought might have been dropped out there when collecting some wood a couple of weeks ago.. We have searched high and low.. but nothing so far so we were hoping that this would be where we would find them. 

On the way there thought we stopped to watch some Go carts racing. 

It was a bit of fun for a few minutes. Something different that we have never done before.

Then it was off to the Smith's place for a look for the keys. Great news.. we found one of Milly's shoes.. BUT no Keys.. It continues to remain a mystery. 

When we gave up looking it was getting late and the kids were getting hungry. We had not planned to be out this long. 

So we stopped at the Lilydale Cafe / bakery /pub for some chips and a drink.


BOTTOMS UP . 

It is a worry that they just seem so relaxed and feel at home. 
Here they are having a good o'll chin wag over a bottle of red. 

We drove home as the speed of light so that Mariah could get ready for a big night out her exercise buddies. 

There was one last stop to help out Joe get a basket ball hoop up for his kids. 

Then home. Yeah we finally made it home.

1 comment:

  1. Oh i thought you were going to tell me you bought some chooks ...I love chooks and that first one is gorgeous...i had a dream(still dreaming) of having a couple of hens here in this new house in a smallish (i have seen the) portable hen house that i can push about the lawn.... still dreaming

    ReplyDelete