Some time during February 1986, I set foot in my first ever classroom. I don't recall the day, I don't even remember this photo being taken. I do have a vivid recolection of the bag which I have so tyylishly slung over my sholder. The bag was a black and tubeular shape. It had just enough for a little bit of lunch, a drink and not much else.
Today was another first day at school. It was the first day back at uni after a 3 year absence. I have to say that my kindergarten class was more sympathetic towards my school uniform than the class that I had today.
HAHAHA as if I would wear that to uni. Just as we went to take the photo our neighbour was backing out of his driveway and I was worried that he would see me. So there was n way I would wear it out in public.
How things change. Mariah said "it looks so much like you." I was that about the only thing that looks similar is my knobbly knees.
The first day back was somewhat familiar, and I feel more relaxed than I did last week.

ha ha! Glad you didn't really wear that! :)
ReplyDeleteYour knee's were more scared the real first day of school. We have been thinking about you all day. Glad it went well.XXXLove to Mariah too, we were thinking aobut you too.XXXX
ReplyDeleteI have just realised while looking at your picture, this was also your own hair cut Sam. Yes you cut the front yourself. that is why it looked a bit odd. A few weeks later you were to repeat the hair cut , making one side of your head completely bald. As we left to go to afternoon Kinder. I notice the cat was also nude on one side, where a little boy had also cut the cats fur off. The poor teacher thought you had had some medical procedure done! Oh BIG SIGH those were the days. XXXX
ReplyDeleteIs that a sigh of relief that you no longer have to deal with those issues. I know know what it must have been like. After a tough day at church one Sunday, A sister that remembered me as a child said "you were just like that when you were little. Now you know what your mother had to deal with." I guess yes I do understand.
ReplyDeleteNo it is a BIGH SIGH because I miss those days very much. All the hustle and bustle of not knowing what was in store that day. You will never know how many times I wish those days back. One day you will know thought. Now when it is so routine, breakfast, lunch ,tea and bed and very little to stimulate and amuse(boring) . It is a joy to see the Grandbabies thought and be reminded. Never thought I would miss the mess and noise but I do!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh Sam that comparison is so funny...but it is sad that i remember you from the first photo (old hat me)...just love the second one though...and i reckon you should have worn that outfit to Uni for the first day....you might not have made a heap of frineds but no one would have bullied you thats for sure...love it... he ha
ReplyDelete