Tuesday, 12 February 2013








I thought it was time to do a blog about the first few months we have been in St Helens.
For those that don't know St Helens or anything about the East Coast of Tasmania, it has been referred to as Paradise or the Gold Coast of Tasmania.
The latter I would disagree with. The East Coast of Tasmania has much more to offer than South East Queensland. As "paradise" would suggest, there is an abundance of natural beauty, entertainment is free, and you can have the most beautiful beach in the world all to yourself.
 
I would call this place Paradise. We are so fortunate to be living here.
 
Every second week we don't travel in to Launceston, as the travel takes it's toll on the family and the week after a trip is a long and drawn out week. Instead we like to explore the coast and try to find hidden treasures.
 
Not long after living here, we decided that we needed a new car. One that would meet the needs of a growing family, that would be safe on the long winter drives in to Launceston, and one that we could use to explore this beautiful country in. In a matter of days we found exactly what we were looking for and something we (i mean I) have been wanting since I purchased my first ever car.
 
a 4X4.
 
We purchased this of a guy that had the vehicle set up to tour Australia with his wife. Due to unexpected Ill health his dream to take this vehicle around this great land was shattered. We promised that his dream would live on with our family and we would make sure that it would take us to some truly amazing places.
 
 
Here are just a few.
 
 








After every trip we make, we will say something like "couldn't do that in a Camry." or "I'm so glad that we got a 4X4, the places we can go are just amazing."

It is so true.. We have been to some great places... What makes it even better, is the fact that we can do it with others. Our kids have a ball playing with all the others that come for visits.




Having friends come along also means that you have an extra pair of hands close by if you find yourself in a "spot of bother."

 Dan helped me out of this one....  I have to say ... Geez you don't see that too often.. a Toyota pulling out a Nissan!
 I managed to help myself out of this one.... It is a strange feeling when the ground beneath you just falls away.... There are a lot of old mines in this area... I think this may have been the entrance to one of them... or so it seemed. From now on I have a spare pair packed just in case.

 See what I mean about having a spare pair of hands close by when mates come with you. good on ya Mick.

 
 
Remember what I said about a Toyota... Here is a good example.... That is a Nissan pulling Dan out.....
 



 


The long slow tracks can take their toll on a young family...

Sometimes you just have to let them out to walk part of the way....But, who wouldn't want to walk through such an amazing forest.




It is views like this that make it all worth wile... We could see, what we thought was Flinders Island, right down the coast as far as the eye could see....


The best part of all is being able to see all of this with my family. They are a great bunch, who love being outside.





At the end of a long day, when the kids are fighting over who gets the best seat in the house......

..... and some are fighting to stay awake....

There is nothing better than sitting around a campfire and reminiscing about the events of the day .....

 ... and planning the next big adventure.




So ... Do we like it here?

WE LOVE IT!

It is paradise .... wouldn't you agree?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment