Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Policeman's Point.

Wow.. It has been 12 months since I wrote a blog. What a 12 months it has been. I have a lot to catch up on.

I will start with the weekend just gone.

We caught up with Stinky Dan and his family over Christmas and he mentioned a camping trip. I said I was keen and quickly forgot what I had said.

I received a text to make sure that we were still keen for camping. My response... SURE>...

Nothing like a last minute decision. I had other things that I was doing that weekend, some would have to take a back seat, others I could work around.


We went to Policeman's Point. It is located on the southern side of Anson's Bay on the North East of Tasmania. It is part of the iconic Bay of Fires Conservation Area.



Photos from the Southern part of the Bay of Fires.

When we arrived Annie, (I'll introduce Annie in a later blog) decided to complete some maintenance on the Patrol while the rest of us unpacked.

 
She was so proud of the work that she had done.


We knew that Saturday was going to be a HOT day. The forecast was for temps in excess of 30 degrees with a strong northerly wind. As a result a total fire ban was declared from midnight Friday. We made sure that the marshmallow toasting was completed early on Friday.

 The Bureau got it right. Saturday was HOT... I had my radio show (ohhh yeah I'll blog about that later) and the temp at the station was 36 degrees before 11am. I could not wait to get back to camp and jump in the water.

We got back to find the kids and adults all in the water and cooling off.

It was a beautiful spot when the tide was out.

There was a lot of sand for the kids to run around on and build sand objects.

Milly, our Frozen fanatic, built a sand version of Olaf.  She was so proud and rightfully so. She did an awesome job.




Our cute Milly.

My Dad had decided to come down to visit us that same day. When I told him that we would be at the beach I knew that he would not mind.

He had a ball with the kids.


Notice Milly's hand gestures... My father is deaf and Milly is trying to communicate with him. Her and Hanisi are good with their signing.

 





 
All of the kids ran and played most of the afternoon. 
 
Others were exhausted from the heat and the excitement.
 





Annie thought she was ok to park her pram there for more than an hour. Beach Security had other ideas.


Until he was chased away like a pesky seagull trying to rob you of your chips.


 

They were proud of themselves.
 
 
 
Annie was just glad that she got out of a ticket.
 


The guard was sent packing. We never saw him again...



 The kids went back to playing without a care in the world.

I remember those days. Going from day to day without and thought for tomorrow, just enjoying the moment that you were in.

I like this final picture. To me, this is a representation of a good holiday. Feeling free and HAPPY.

Two nights away, and a life time of memories.

Thanks Stinky Dan for the invite.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment