Thursday, 17 October 2013

32 + 5 = Happy Birthday

This year I turned 32.

On my birthday I woke up very early, opened my presents, played party games and had pink cupcakes for my birthday lunch.

Not because I like waking up early, or because my favourite colour is pink but because I share my birthday with Hanisi.

The early morning came about because we made the mistake of telling Hanisi it was just one sleep till her birthday. She couldn't believe her ears.

 
 
Mariah had prepared an amazing spread of food for breakfast. Mariah always goes to a lot of trouble for our birthdays.
 
This was a nice way to start the day.
 

Unfortunately, I had to go to work. But I was told not to worry about lunch. So off I went. I had no idea what to expect.

 
Hanisi got dressed up in ALL of the clothes that she got for her birthday... yes that is shorts over trousers.
 
The surprise was a picnic lunch at the park...
 
The seagulls were not impressed that we were there...
 


Giant Seagulls.

If only we hadn't eaten so many cupcakes...... Maybe we could have joined the seagulls.


It was a bit of a windy day... as you can tell by Milly's hair... That did not spoil our ability of having any fun.



 
 
It wasn't long and I was headed back to work.
 
 
The girls on the other hand, were going home to get down to businesses. Doing what they do best.... MAKING A MESS. Not only of the house but the furniture. Shhhh don't tell the landlord.
 


I think Milly may have caught a glimpse of Avitar.


Or maybe she is trying to accessorise with her eyes?



They did manage to get some paint on their paper... and did some amazing paintings.


Hanisi's painting.

Once the paper had all been used up.... what else could they use?   I know their bodies. Hmmmmmm


 
 
 
What kind of birthday would it have been if they didn't get at dirty as they possibly could. I was grateful that the only evidence that this had happed was these photos. Mummy did an amazing job at cleaning up the mess that I was too scared to put on a public blog in fear of an immediate eviction notice being served on us.
 
 
Just joking Mr Landlord.
 
 
:) 

1 comment:

  1. wow your birthdays looked like a lot of fun ! I thought the art work was fantastic both on and off the paper, does Chester stay clean? thank you for sharing your birthdays with us as we missed out on being there. I think you also missed out on a noisy day being at work! children are a wonderful joy

    ReplyDelete