Click ----Clock ----- Click ----- Clock ----- Click ----Clock...
Ahhhh...
Music to my ears. Being able to hear the clock at our house only happens for two reasons.
1. Milly and Hanisi are up to something they shouldn't be. Of late, their challenge is to go through as much stuff in our bathroom before we discover them. They are even starting to close the door and talk quietly so we can't find them. It is also about the only time they are not fighting over who gets to hold what. That would just mean they would get caught out sooner..
2. When they are asleep and we are just to exhausted to do anything else.
Well today it is the second reason but some what amplified.
Here is why.....
Last night while eating some leftovers for tea, I had the bright idea of having "home made pizza for tea tomorrow" I got the nod of approval from the rest and put what ham we had left in the fridge. Not realising the consequences of that decision.
FRIDAY came and Friday was the day that I had set aside to prepare my pie for the annual Priesthood Pie Competition at church. I have been thinking about it for a couple of weeks now and have been making pastry dishes all week, so as to work out the best consistency and thickness for my pie crust. I have attempted a couple of rhubarb recipes, one which was a disaster, but I felt that all my preparation would pay off.
I toiled over a hot stove for hours, forgetting to eat breakfast or say hello to Milly when she woke up. I was in the zone and determined to do well.. there was a lot at stake here. I even snapped when Hanisi Poked her finger through the lid of the pie... She is lucky she is still with us..
Anyway.. I finished the pie at about 10:15am. Then turned my attention to dinner. I mean I might as well stay in the kitchen and get tea ready. Then I thought, we might as well have it for lunch.. Then we are not rushing at the end of the day trying to bath, eat and get out the door in time for the pie competition.. Oh yeah they are having this bush dance thing too, I think it is just something to keep people occupied while the judges taste all the pies??? Dunno?
So Anyway.. I say to Mariah, why don't we invite the Rogers and the Tai's over for Pizza too. I can just double the batch and we can make an afternoon out of it...The calls were made and they agreed to come... So I stayed in the kitchen preparing lunch..
**for those that don't know, Cooking is not one of Mariah's favourite things to do. When she does cook, she is good at it!!
One O'clock came.. Knock Knock.... It's Chelsea, Benny and JJ.. Shoes off and inside.. "MMMM something smells nice..""" Off to explore...
I think Lani and Charlotte were next... Mmmmm smells good.... Off to explore... They just kept coming and coming.. It was like a school bus had just pulled up and all the kids got out and came through our door.
The NOISE!.. I thought our two alone were noisy.. but having so many kids, very excited kids, in a small house... I got the shock of my life.
All Jokes aside.. it was a great afternoon. The kids had a ball, they love the fact that we live on a hill and can ride their bikes down the big hill. They think Mariah and I have an amazing bed.. that converts in to a cave. They were just doing things that Hanisi and Milly have not thought of doing yet. Interesting how their minds see things in different ways. Hanisi and Milly are happy with the fact that our bed is like a trampoline.
Thanks for coming guys.. It was a good afternoon. I am more determined than ever to build an extra room on out the back for the kids to enjoy as they get older. It has been confirmed to me that I could never be a school teacher.. The "hands on heads" thing I learned off Job is even loosing it's effectiveness on Hanisi.
Any way time to write my acceptance speech for the Pie Comp!...
NB: No Photos.. Was too busy to take photos and kids did not sit still long enough. The Photo of the Pie is Strictly CLASSIFIED!
sounds like your arvo was a blast! hope they cleaned up before leaving - tootsie
ReplyDeleteThey are a a great bunch regardless of the noise. It wasn't that bad.. I was over exaggerating.
ReplyDelete